The Network Administrator is responsible to install, configure, and support internal and external networks. Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations. Provides technical support and guidance to users, troubleshoots network performance issues, and creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan. This relates to all technology including workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software. The Network Administrator may also recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment.
- IT Support relating to issues with the internal all systems and network infrastructure
- IT Support relating to issues with all client specific systems and network infrastructure
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Active Directory, Desktop Operating Systems, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server, etc.
- Support services for virtualization technologies for VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft, a plus.
- Support services for Novell OES and SUSE Enterprise Linux Technologies, including Solaris, a plus.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, VPN and security
- Administer Hodgson Consulting hosted and cloud solutions for customers using technologies that meet their requirements
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
- Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- Implement and administer automated desktop deployment solutions such as Windows Deployment Services, a plus.
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ticketing system as it occurs
- Work through a daily schedule in that has been established through the dispatch process
- Work through project tickets and phases as assigned by a Project Manager
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
- Complete at least two technical certifications per year
- On-call availability per schedule
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
Knowledge and Skills
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Active Directory, Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, MCITP, or MCTS
- Citrix CCA, CCEA or CCIA, a plus.
- Cisco CCNA, a plus.
- VMware VCP, a plus.
- Novell Certified Administrator NCA-ES, or CNA, a plus.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment