Senior Systems Engineer Virtualization Specialist
WANTED: High-Performance Senior Systems Engineer
Are you looking for a change? Are you a detail oriented, high-performance Senior Systems Engineer who knows how to design and implement desktop/server virtualization and remote access strategies using Citrix and Microsoft Technologies? Do you enjoy working in an environment where exceptionally high standards are expected?
For the versatile, experienced Senior Systems Engineer who said “yes” to all of these questions, this is the opportunity for you.
We are a small, award winning, fast-growing entrepreneurial IT consulting firm that is in need of a high-performance Senior Systems Engineer to design, implement and manage virtual networks that we support. The best person for this position is someone who is detail oriented, high-energy and self-motivated with the ability to maintain multiple client environments.
What you can expect in the Senior Systems Engineer Position?
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will design and implement Virtualization Solutions internally and for our clients using VMware and Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop Technologies. By applying your IT technology education and hands on skills in Citrix, VMware and Microsoft you will work to identify technical risks within the network environments, aid in minimizing reactive issues for the support desk and providing technical assistance to team members with system and network requests.
This will include but not limited to:
- Understand and implement desktop virtualization and remote access strategies using Citrix and Microsoft Technologies.
- Design and implement Microsoft server technology solutions, including Active Directory, DFS, SQL, File & Print Services, etc.
- Understand and implementation at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Develop and maintain technical knowledge of the client environment including performing regular and proactive services on client systems.
- Provide IT support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure
- Provide support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Provide support services for virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft
- Provide support services for Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Assist with administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- Create and maintain documentation for all computer systems and network infrastructure
What will make you successful?
- High-energy, detail oriented and process driven with the ability to maintain multiple client environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of underlying architecture: IMA, XML, STA, Zones and Data Collectors for Citrix Technologies.
- Experience with StoreFront, Web Interface, Profile Management and Netscaler.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
How to submit your interest?
If you have what it takes to fill this role, please submit a resume by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your previous work history and accomplishments (not just a list of task and job responsibilities), as well as a brief, one-page summary explaining why you think you would make an excellent candidate for this position.